A Photographic Location Scout
July 4th, 2013
Flickr currently has a problem with their search function which results in no Flickr results being returned in View Seeker. Please see the blog post
for more info.
May 29th, 2013
The fix for the issue below will be rolled into the next release which will include the following updates:
- The app will be Universal, i.e. it will look great on iPad!
- Fixed a GPS issue which may use an old position when searching for local photos.
- Other bug fixes and UI enhancements.
Development is near completion so stay tuned...
May 6th, 2013
- There is an issue in View Seeker affecting Mac Minis only, causing the app to randomly hang. This issue is under investigation and once resolved an update will be submitted to Apple. Please check back again for updates.
How can I re-name a saved location?
Press and hold on the location in the Saved Locations screen and you will be prompted for a new name.
Can I set a new search location while looking at an image's map?
Yes. Just tap and hold for a few seconds on the map that you are currently viewing and you will be alerted to the fact that the search location has changed.
What's New in 1.2 (July 29, 2013)
- The app is now Universal with iPad interface
- Added thumbnails to map results
- High resolution images for Flickr on iPad
- Favourite images carousel on iPad Home Screen
- Turn Flickr/Panoramio searching on/off
- Bug Fixes
- UI Improvements
What's New in 1.1 (February 10, 2013)
- Name change to View Seeker
- Sunset & Sunrise times for any location
- Save photos to device Camera Roll
- Get directions to any location
- Bug fixes
- UI Improvements
What's New in 1.0.1 (December 3, 2012)
- Display & clear the current disk cache usage
- Display all maps in standard, satellite & hybrid modes
- Share photos via email
- Share photos via Twitter
- Spread the word about Pic Scout via Email & Twitter
- Follow DGKApps on Twitter & Facebook
What's New in 1.0 (November 13, 2012)
If you have any questions not addressed above, please contact me or you can always find me on Twitter.
Likewise, if you have any feature requests or ideas for improvement, please let me know.